Meet the Director
Mandy Spohn earned her Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education with a focus on deaf and hard of hearing education at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
She went on to earn her Master's Degree in Special Education with endorsements in Early Childhood and Deaf and Hard of Hearing education.
Mandy taught with Lincoln Public Schools for five years before opening Here We Grow Preschool in the fall of 2012.
Engaged Learning and Growing
The Here We Grow curriculum is designed to support the strengths and needs of all students. Thematic units are created to provide fun and structured learning while focusing on:
- Spiraled learning throughout the year
- Pre-academic skills embedded in daily routines
- Basic, intermediate, and advanced vocabulary to support and encourage functional language development
- Music, movement, and games
- Special activities and projects
- Listening and social skills